Friday, October 30, 2009

Clean Fridge...is it worth it? I THINK NOT!!

I hate to clean my fridge, that could be the reason why I never do it. Well yesterday I knew it had to be done, some strawberries had spilled and made a mess and we were having some friends for dinner so while Dusty ran to the store I got my cleaning hat on and started at the fridge. Just as I was finishing up I had the biggest glass shelf left to dry off, I had just washed it with hot water and let it air dry for a minute while I was putting the rest of the fridge back together. I had the back door open since the weather has been so nice I was letting the nice breeze come through the screen door.

How am I suppose to know that hot water, glass and a cold breeze do not mix well?? I started to dry off the glass when BOOM....glass went everywhere! I had just about enough yesterday, work was bad enough! Funny thing was when Dusty was putting the groceries away he kept forgetting there wasn't a shelf there and would go to set things in there and they would just fall to the bottom. He is so good, he wasn't mad and all he asked was if I was okay. I just kept saying I can't believe I did that, and all he said was "Well oh well, guess we will figure out how to get a new one."
The pieces of my shelf


1 comment:

Lish said...

I am glad that you are OK. That would scare the crap out of me.