Monday, November 16, 2009

YMCA




After reading Lyndsey's blog I felt the need to share. They have recently opened a YMCA that is located on the school campus that I work at. I don't know what you know about the YMCA but I swear anytime I have heard about YMCA's it is known to be some kind of shelter for homeless people. This could be from growning up in Utah and I don't think they really have very many YMCA's. Anyways the YMCA that is here is basically a gym. A very nice gym.

Since I basically get my membership for free through my work Dusty decided that he would also get a membership. I am starting to realize that this is a good thing and a bad thing. This year I have been going to the gym more then I have ever before. I am realizing that after going I feel a lot better and my clothes actually fit a lot better go figure. Well now that Dusty is going he doesn't want to leave, he really won't. Dusty has been working out anywhere from 2 to 3 hours a day and he still wants to stay longer. Me on the other hand can't wait to get out of there. I have been doing Yoga, did a kickboxing class, and I am dying for when they begin their BodyPump classes so I can get into the rutine again.

I guess I felt like sharing this. I know it is hard to work out and get motivated to go to the gym because I have lived 27 years that way. If I am not working out with Dusty then I have several friends that are there, again the benefit for the gym to be on campus for all the students and faculty. It is always easier if you have a friend to be with you and to help motivate you. Dusty has been my motivation and I hope that we continue to keep this up.

3 comments:

Lish said...

Keep up the great work!!! You are so lucky it is convenient. Miss you guys. Love ya,Lish

Lyndsey said...

Yay, now you can come and run the 1/2 marathon with me!!! April, SLC!!!! BTW, you have a smokin hot body!

Crazy Like a Fox said...

I think that's awesome EC! And you do look fabulous! I agree about the YMCA - I always thought it was a homeless shelter as well.