Monday, February 15, 2010

MY Valentines

This year we celebrated Valentines on Saturday since Dusty had to work on Sunday. We started our morning out with hiking to the top of Camelback Mountain. We have both wanted to do this since we moved here and have never done it...and now I know why. WOW! The hike is only about a mile and a half but it is basically straight up the mountain. I always see on the news how people loose their way and end up getting lost and have to get rescued off of Camelback, and now I know how that could happen.

It was fun the weather was perfect around 68 degrees, I even got a little sun. I could feel my butt getting smaller as I hiked :)

These are the two mountains we hiked...ok they look kinda like hills from here but trust me they were intense!


Our "RUGGED" terrain
This is looking down from the top of the mountain into Scottsdale...ahh it looks so nice


This is looking down form the top of the mountain looking down into Phoenix, no wonder everyone loves Scottsdale :)


We weren't the only one's that had the idea to go hiking, all the others that made it to the top with us.


Not looking so great., but hey we made it!



For lunch we went to this cute little mexican restaurant in Old town Chandler called El Zocalo it was so good, it is in Phoenix Magazine for the best Mexican food. I recommend it, we sat on the patio the weather was perfect!


I had the Carne Asada Torta it was very good



Dusty had the taco's they were so good he wouldn't put them down even for me to take a picture of them

3 comments:

Lish said...

Way cool pictures and what a fun way to celebrate Valentines! Love ya.

Rusty and Jessica Terry said...

Yeah that looks like lots of fun. I hope we can get some hiking in this summer

Crazy Like a Fox said...

how fun! Now that you've had a trial run on Camelback, Timpanogas should be next on your list :)