Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Happy Birthday DAD!


I thought today would be a good day to share what a great brother and sister-in-law I have. For Christmas they gave us all the best gift ever, a CD with my dad's voice on it, oh and this great picture of him. My dad was on KSL morning show 2 weeks before he passed away. I was 5 when he died and had NO IDEA what his voice sounded like.

On Christmas morning we got our CD's, everyone was coming over to my mom's for breakfast and so as soon as I got mine I stuck it in the CD player. Brent my brother came in and didn't know what was going on, I watched him and couldn't believe that he recognized our dad's voice. He listened and then finally asked "What are we listening to?"

The story of how the CD came around was that Bryan and Danielle were given a tape of the radio show about a year after my dad died from my aunt Jill. They stuck it in their safe since it was truly priceless, Danielle said that she always wanted to get it put on CD when the technology came out but was scared that it may get damaged and it would be lost forever. Whitney finally talked them into it and also threatened the guy at the store who did the transfer from tape to CD with his life if anything were to happen to the tape.

I guess I figured today was a good day to share this story. It is hard to believe that my dad has been gone 22 years this June. I love hearing stories about him, and wish that I could have known him the way others did. I have never heard one bad thing about my dad, and I find that to be a huge accomplishment on his part.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD, I LOVE YOU!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Merrill!!! I loved, loved, loved your dad! I will always remember his great sense of humor. And how he didn't like to leave tips at restaurants. He would always tell us Arizona folk that our brains were fried from the intense heat. He was always in a good mood too. Love the picture!

Crazy Like a Fox said...

Couldn't have said it better myself EC!
Happy Birthday Dad!

Rusty and Jessica Terry said...

What a great Christmas Gift.

Roberts Family Ramblings said...

Your Dad was truly one of the great ones! It was always a good time when Merrill was there, he just lit the room up. Happy Birthday Merrill!

Natalee said...

WOW Shalice! That is great to read about. What a great idea for a gift, that is something none of you will ever loose, or forget about. I'm glad that they held on to it all these years, and decided to get it for all of the kids.

Lyndsey said...

Happy Birthday

Shanna said...

What a priceless gift! That is wonderful that you are able to have this piece of your Dad forever!! Happy Birthday!

H3@th3r said...

what a sweet story <3 i enjoyed reading it :) thank you for sharing on your blog