Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Valley’s 50 Best Dishes

Back in January Dusty picked up a PHOENIX MAGAZINE it had listed on it..."The Valley’s 50 Best Dishes" We love food and DUSTY LOVES GREAT FOOD! I am good with Micky D's here and there, Dusty won't even touch it. He would rather starve. When he brought home the magazine we both decided it would be a year of hard work but we would be willing to put in the time and appetite to knock them all out, we would go in with an open mind and do it!

Well that was January, here we are in mid March and we have finally knocked one off of our list!
PIZZERIA BIANCO
For our little anniversary last Friday we went and tried this place, it is in down town Phoenix and we never really get down there. We had to take a friend to the airport and decided we were doing it! The place is darling, very intimate. If you do go, head there early! The place is open from 5-10 daily we arrived there just after five and couldn't figure out what this long line was for, once I got in it I quickly realized that this was the line to put your name on the list, just to add your name! When we got to the front of this line we were informed that it would be another 3 to 3 1/2 hours before we could be seated.

I was ready to bailout on this, but Dusty was excited and wanted to wait. I really don't think I would have waited but it was our anniversary and I was felling nice. We had a little adventure on the streets of Phoenix and ended up back at Pizzeria Bianco seated and fed by 9:30ish.
LOVED THIS PLACE.

We spent a few hours at Majerle's, seems any time I get down town I end up here!

Yeah....they had these bugs on the sidewalk, we thought they were cute and got some pictures with them
Just giving him a SMOOCH! MWAH!
AHH Finally keep your eye on the prize...I HAD TO!
It was worth it, we had a good time
Our salad was to die for...I think my new favorite thing is MOZZARELLA CHEESE...YUMMY
Our pizza, something we would have never EVER tried, but it was the best!

I just hope the other 49 stops along "The Valley’s 50 Best Dishes" does not consist of a 3 hour wait.
Here is the link in case anyone is interested in it:
www.phoenixmag.com/dining/200901/the-valley-s-50-best-dishes/


2 comments:

H3@th3r said...

This is such an awesome idea and sounds so much like something Scott and I would do. I told him about it and his first reaction though was "sounds expensive" haha! I explained we didn't have to try them all in the next 50 days and that there were normal-priced restaurants on the list in addition to the fancy ones :) Btw, you are an awesome blogger :) I enjoy reading your posts. You're totally on "my list" - you know, the good one not THE list LOL

The Roberts Family said...

we should have been there... next time :)