Monday, November 8, 2010

Park Day

Yesterday we decided to take the dog to the park. We must be bad dog parents because after having Cortez for almost 5 years we have never taken him to a park. For good reason though, he hates other dogs and doesn't care for a lot of people. So we decided to just take him to the park by our house and let him run free without his leash. Once we got there and took his leash off we soon found out that we had a lame and lazy dog. All he did was sit there and eat the grass and lay on the picnic blanket.

We even had a Frisbee and a ball that we were throwing back and forth but no he wanted nothing to do with that. What have we taught our dog in the 5 years that we have owned him? To sit and eat? It was a sad moment for Dusty and I. I think we are going to be better dog parents and make sure our dog is active. I didn't take any pictures, well mostly because I was embarrassed that all my dog was doing was eating or laying down.

2 comments:

Rusty and Jessica Terry said...

so funny!

Crazy Like a Fox said...

I can't believe he didn't just go crazy! He's usually got so much energy while inside :)