Thursday, February 26, 2009

BODYPUMP: LOVE it or HATE it


BODYPUMP: is the fastest way to shape up and lose body fat. It’s a toning and conditioning class with weights and is for just about everybody who wants to add strength training into their aerobic workout. The simplicity of the class makes BODYPUMP™ a great starting point to develop strength and confidence. Hot sounds and compelling choreography keep you going through each 45-minute or one-hour workout. You’ll use a step platform, a bar and a set of weights.


Yes, I love and hate BODYPUMP all at once. I started going to the 5:15 AM class on Tuesday and Thursday for the last two months. Some days 5:15 doesn't trigger my body and I just don't make the class. My friend Jeannie usually joins me, if not then at least we tried to get each other out of bed.

This comes to the reason for my post today. The class obviously has a teacher, she is loud and I love it because at 5:15 I need some noise to keep me awake. She is always yelling out names of people she knows during the class and telling them they are doing good or push it harder. I try to fly under her radar, for this exact reason. I don't want her looking at me, and if she is knowing my name and knowing that I am doing everything all wrong.

Two weeks ago Dusty moved to a new store where he ran into the teacher. She was dressed in her Body Pump gear and Dusty asked if she taught the 5:15 class. She of course said YES. He told her that I went to that same class and if she knew me. She said NO and so he gave her my name. YES MY NAME.

Needless to say I am now on the radar in class now, if I don't go she will know, if I am in the back slacking off she will know. And today she said my name about 5 times, good thing 4 out of 5 were positive or I might have walked out. So I guess my advice is in gym classes FLY UNDER THE RADAR!

3 comments:

Lish said...

I am laying in bed at 12:45 at night and I am laughing so hard tears are rolling down my face. That was a great story. Love you, Lish.

Anonymous said...

I am so HAPPY I remembered how to spell your name!!! What a cute blog....I will now have to "stalk" your blog - and yes, I will notice if you are not "pumping" in the morning. By the way, Dusty, Shalice does a GREAT job in class. I might just need to pull her up on stage....just kidding. Happy day!

Hansen Family said...

LOVE BODY PUMP!!! If I weren't sleeping I would totally join you!!