Friday, January 7, 2011

OUR new tradition

Dusty and I have decided to start "OUR" own Christmas tradition. The day or two after Christmas we have brought both of our families together for a dinner. As you all know Dusty loves to cook and being in Arizona prevents him from being able to cook for our families. So what better time to do it then when we head to Utah. This year he made Beef Wellington with a caeser salad, flat bread with spinach and mozzarella and homemade potato chips. He asked his mom to make the tomato basil soup and Becky helped out with dessert...Dusty thinks Becky makes the most amazing desserts which she does! Dusty doesn't like buffet style anything so with the help of Jaime, Jake and me people finally got their food. I feel so lucky to have such great family members, his and mine. Everyone was so helpful to get things together and cleaned up.

Tomato basil soup

Jessica and Rusty..I know they aren't officially family but we love them all the same

Dusty and his dad working hard at getting the plates together and my mom helping with the dishes.

One of the six tables I think we had


A few other people at tables

I asked Lyndsey to take pictures since I was a little busy and of course she captured one of her and Brett


Main Dish


Dessert...a pumpkin cake with whip cream and a snowflake on top

Brett enjoying his snowflake a little to much perhaps?

6 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Brett would DIE if he knew that was on your blog- I won't tell. Yummy, thanks for the wonderful dinner. Can we put in requests for next year? lol

Marci said...

Um, well, you do have family in AZ that would love to be on the receiving end of Dusty's fabulous cooking.....

Lish said...

So sad I missed it this year. Won't miss it ever again.

Rusty and Jessica Terry said...

That dinner was so good, thanks so much! (that is a bad pic of us)

Crazy Like a Fox said...

The dinner was delicious as always! I think I like this tradition - its good to get together :)

Crazy Like a Fox said...

AND I love the pic of Brett eating dessert!